A poem (repost from FB)

Today I want to give you everything
That I cannot give myself
There’s nothing more I want
than to be able to feel
I try to smile, but my eyes don’t look like me anymore
They crinkle downwards in sadness
Because none of my happiness is real
The world is drowned out
By the ringing in my ears
I made jokes about losing my hair
But it burns and it hurts
Yet it’s nothing compared
To how I feel about losing it all
Losing you, losing me
Losing everything
All that runs through my mind is how
I want to leave this cage of disease
But I try to hold on because I worry
How everyone will live without me
There’s many more colours I want to splash across this world
And if I don’t, I know you’ll put my face on the moon if you could
The darkness tries so hard to cover me each day
So let’s laugh together now, through the tears
Because the unknown is staring back at us
Let’s make happy memories to keep it away
One day, the black dog or the sickness could win
That’s when the ferryman stamps my ticket and tells me to go
Whether the heavens open to shine or rain on that day
Let’s make sure, in all this time we have left, that we’ve put on a good show

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One more before I forget myself

We Do Hear You

Deciding when to die