Finding a family on the internet

I never thought I'd make friends once we moved to LA. It was such a lonely town and any friends we did make, we didn't see for months at a time because everyone's schedules never matched up. Eventually I turned my hand back to Twitch streaming, something I had previously tried and quit within days due to how difficult it is for women to put themselves out there on the internet. Exposed.

But expose myself I did again this time, heart and soul. I told people about my health issues, physical and mental. And they in turn, opened back up to me. We built a community that became a safe space for many people. So much so that I got messages from people that I helped them feel "seen" and that's all some people want.

I had hoped to build something like what I did, but I never expected what I got. I got so much more. I got friends, family, soulmates. Generous people who helped pay for my medical bills, generous people who spend time making art or finding music for me to cheer me up during the dark nights.

I will write more about this from time to time, but I just wanted to touch on it briefly for now, and for posterity, put up a link to my clips page on Twitch.

YesJox Twitch Clips!

My first affiliate emote is called 'yesjoxDreamy' and it's become the mascot of my life. Dreamily looking up into the stars. It's also become a sticker that friends and family are now taking around the world to bring me to places I have been and places I haven't seen. New Orleans, New York... where else will I go? I can't wait to see. I'll post about that another time too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One more before I forget myself

We Do Hear You

No Final Words