Cancer is a bitch - (repost from FB)

I hate being called a fighter

Being a fighter means I’m in a battle

A battle means there’s a chance I’ll lose

The truth is I lost the day I got diagnosed

I’m sick of the positive outlook from people who either don’t have cancer or don’t have the same cancer and situation.

“Everyone is different” after all...

Nobody else has to live the ‘day’ in ‘one day at a time’

Only me.

Nobody else feels the constant pain, chest tightness, despair and absolute heartbroken desolation at feeling zero relief after two difficult chemo sessions.

Oh the tumour looks smaller? Good. Why does my GE junction feel smaller too? Eating has only gotten harder.

And so has living. And that’s the honest ugly broken truth.

No, I’m not ok.

Cancer is a fucking bitch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One more before I forget myself

We Do Hear You

Living 2 weeks at a time