The hardest part of this whole shitshow is that from day one, the doctors told me I was incurable. Sure, the cancer was treatable - we could prolong my life, address symptoms of the cancer, etc. They didn't give me arbitrary timelines, my care team is too smart for that. But when pressed, they said 12-24 months. That's 1-2 years, possibly more if everything goes well with chemo. All my cancer buddies around the same age group are chasing curative treatments while I'm just sitting here.... what? Twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the other shoe to drop. Life is full of possibilities and a terminal diagnosis makes you feel like you suddenly have none at hand. Investments like buying a house, planning a big trip many months ahead, etc - they're taken off the table, logistically. I've tried finding meaning and answers - just a guide on how to live my life now. Aside from the dreaded "mindfulness", nobody else has really given me anything other than "t...
Comments
Post a Comment